Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A few photos of our grumpy, oops, I mean sweet little baby



Until now, Salma would only cry when she was hungry or tired but now she has learned that screaming (shrieking in fact) can be an effective tool for getting what she wants. I'm trying not to respond to this tactic of hers so as not to encourage her.

Also, she has just started doing this "thing". She releases her breath in explosive, staccato, little bursts making a sound like "uh.uh.uh.uh". This worries me a little because its a sound I associate with stress or an inability to breathe. Don't worry, there is nothing actually wrong with her, it's just a sound that she likes to make and that I don't care for.

Of course, she is also developing many new and wonderful abilities and every day brings some kind of new first. On the whole, she is a happy baby who loves to smile and laugh, and I am grateful for that, Alhamdulillah. She is our little sweetie, and we are very fortunate and blessed to have her.

Earl and Diane have arrived in Panama to visit, and we are on our way to meet them. Tomorrow we are taking our first canal transit, Insha Allah, and no...that is not a medical procedure. I just SMASHED my pinky while closing the window, I've got it on ice, and the car is all loaded up to go. Here we go!

No comments: